Friday, May 6, 2011

Sister Bolliger - Lemoore Week 54: Amazing - Visiting Presiding Bishop, Training again- in Spanish, Huge Tender Mercies


This week has been FULL of spectacular adventures. Haha. But really.
We had a mission wide conference Saturday morning where Bishop Burton of the Presiding Bishopric of the Church, and Elder Snow of the Presidency of the Seventy spoke to us! It was wonderful to be together with all of the missionaries. This hardly EVER happens and hasn't even happened in the course of President and Sister Gonzalez' mission! I was able to see my sisters! Sister Bayasal's english is AMAZING. I can't believe how much she can communicate now! Sister Clark is maturing wonderfully. Sister Lemalu looks as gorgeous and poised as every being her first time as senior companion! And of course Sister To'a is still THE bomb dot com. Haha. We were able to be taught and edified by the Spirit as we listened to the inspired words from these men. It was such a unique perspective Bishop Burton gave as he is in charge of the temporal matters of the church. He described the process of temple building, his relationships with the prophets of the church, and his perspective of missionary work. Following their prepared remarks, they had a question and answer session. One of the questions I appreciated the most was what they would change if they could go back to their early 20's. They both responded to not worry so much! They emphasized that the will of the Lord will happen, and as we learn to accept it, we can trust in Heavenly Father and not be plagued by worry or anxiety! Another question was about councils. It was remarkable as they talked about meeting with the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles and Presidency of the Seventy, Presiding Bishopric, and how every opinion or perspective matters and contributes to a grander resolution. The presiding authority then renders the desicion. Elder Snow reminded us that no matter how long a missionary has been out or regardless of the "success" they have seen, his or her opinion DOES matter.
Because Sister Anzelmetti graced Lemoore with her presence just two weeks ago, it has not felt like this should be another transfer...at ALL! When we got a voicemail from our Zone Leader's Saturday night, I thought it was another routine announcement. However, I soon realized that this was indeed transfer calls! The big news is...I am training again! And not only that, I'm training a spanish missionary. :) I have no idea her level of spanish, though I am praying for a native. Haha. I felt like I have been prepared for this in the last few transfers and while I am slightly apprehensive, I know that everything is going to work out!
Because Sister Anzelmetti is leaving tomorrow morning, I am going to be with another sister from Visalia whose companion is going home this transfer, and is also training.
We have seen some huge miracles in the last few days. The young man who just showed up to Church on Easter Sunday accepted having a lesson this week. We went to a wonderful member's home and was able to invite one of our newly called ward missionaries, a preemie, to come and fellowship this young man. He has so many questions it's astounding! He came this last Sunday to church again and it was amazing to see how our teacher in Gospel Principles had been guided to change the lesson to talk about faith--something that this young man needs to hear! He participated well and really enjoyed the discussion that we had!
A recent convert who has recently moved into the ward came to Church this Sunday with her non-member husband. :) They're both Spanish-speaking and stayed all 3 hours! Her husband wants to learn more about the church and we are excited to teach him this Saturday!
We have also been finding more and more Spanish-speaking people to teach. (Gah!) We hunted down a ess-active member in a little town of Stratford and were able to talk with her. She wants her husband and son to also learn more about the gospel! Woot!
We are starting a 40-day fast for misisonary work in our ward on May 9th. I am SO excited for the unity that it will bring in our ward and for the miracles that we will see! I am also preparing to sacrifice LOTS of things during the same period of time so that I can be more receptive and worthy of the spirit. There are so many people here in Lemoore that need the gospel! And I am willing to do whatever it takes to help them learn about the good news!
Sister Anzelmetti and I have deep cleaned the apartment and totally rearranged things. I am decorating the walls with inspiring and cohesive messages. It is very exciting! I am already praying for my new sister.
The work of the Lord is moving swiftly along here!!!! I love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment