Monday, May 16, 2011

Elder Bolliger - North Fontana Week 38:Making Inroads, Increasing Teaching in Ward, Because I Have Been Given Much!


Well this past week Elder Renfro and I began to make inroads in this area with the members.

Its finally starting to pick up speed, our contact with active members and less active members is increasing, members are being more willing to help out by giving us names of people to contact and just contacting all of the less actives in our book and part member families to see if they are interested in taking the lessons again and if they have any friends that would be willing to hear our message.

One such investigator named Joaquin has been investigating the church for a long time now and we have been sporadically meeting with him off and of recently we began to rebuild some trust with him, as we are planning on teaching him to his needs about how much the gospel can help him through the hard times in his life and how much it benefits us all. I am really excited to see what this involvement from the ward will allow us to do in the next few weeks.

So we are looking forward greatly to increasing the teaching in this ward, it really seems like I am sowing here but I am fine with that.

But some notes of recently learned things. Yesterday in Elders' Quorum we were learning about Tithing, and I had the thought about tithing after asking myself what it is. And I had the thought that, "When we give tithing to help build up the kingdom of God on the earth we are helping ourselves, our fellow men by helping to maintain the buildings, missionary work and helping others recieve the same blessings that we have recieved from being a member."

Also part of a hymn also came to mind " Because I have been given much I too must give". But that is just an interesting food for thought on tithing.

I hope yall have a great week!
Elder Bolliger

No comments:

Post a Comment