Monday, June 13, 2011

Elder Bolliger - North Fontana Week 42: Polynesian Cards, Using the Strengths in our Ward, Shoes Wearing Out, 2nd Nephi 25



Well that last email was not as long as I intended it be.

So I drew some Polynesian looking cards for mom, dad and Ann Marie, ( Yes I did draw them up, and its very meticulous right now but I do that on the back on letters that I send to people) and I also included a little politeness too in the card if you can pick it up. Something to do with my mom being "21." :)

Well here in the Summit Ward we are creating ways to use the strengths of our ward to our advantage, in that we have great members and not the investigators there, as we do finding activities to fill up our time.

But as I was talking to President Sears, the stake president who lives in our ward, along with like 1/2 of the high council as well as most of the stake leadership level and auxiliaries, its crazy how much our ward contributes to the rest of of the stake in terms of that, we have the current stake president, former (just released) stake relief society president as well as like 5 or 6 high councilmen, and other auxiliaries too, its kind of funny in sacrament to see all those people up on the stand.

Well yesterday we had a meeting with our ward mission leader and a ward missionary to go over how we can use our ward strengths to our advantage, we concluded that we need to set up monthly activities to help our members to invite our their friends so that they can be warmed up to the gospel in a good way. By doing things such as fhe nights at peoples houses, root beer floats, touch football games ( I have basketball shoes and cleats I bought out here for cheap at Ross, its like a missionary favorite store).

And my shirts and suits are starting to get a little more tight around the upper body as I work out and start to get some more muscle but no where near what uncle Al put on his mission but I am wearing through my clothing and shoes, getting more worn down.

Today in my personal Studies I finished 2nd Nephi, let me just say that from 2nd nephi 24 to 32 is one of the best nuggets in the Book of Mormon as it relates to the whole role of the Savior the Book of Mormon, the 2nd coming, missionary work in the Doctrine of Christ, How and why to pray.

In 2nd Nephi 25
"And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins."

Then the fortelling of the Ministry of Christ to the Nephites and Modern Days in 26.

In 27 the coming forth of the book of mormon ~ Isaiah 29

28, Apostasy and false churches

29 "A bible we have a bible and need no more bible"

30 Converted gentiles becoming the covenant people

31 The doctrine of Christ, why Christ was baptized and the invitation of christ to all men

32 Prayer and the spirit of god teaches man to pray

33 The testimony of the Book of Mormon and belief of Christ.

It's one of the most incredible back to back sections in the Book of Mormon and I feel are close in there with the Sermon on the Mount and the Book of Moroni.

I love this part in the book.

Well I hope that yall have a great week ahead and Katie I thought that esta cansada/casada was hilarious, I can see the jokes now.

Love,

Elder Bolliger

No comments:

Post a Comment