Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Elder Bolliger - San Bernardino, CA Week 13: New Area New Companion and On Bike

Hello from San Bernardino California, which is my new area in the San Bernardino 1st ward, which is either over the age of 75 and retired or in government housing.

It was sad saying goodbye to the people in my last Ward. I will really miss them cause I have gotten very close to some of those people there. Focusing on 2 Nephi 31 and the new simplified curriculum are coming really, really well. These teachings have increased our baptisms in our mission by a significant amount.

It sure is a big difference being on a bike compared to being in a car. In a car you can drive around and visit people much faster than on bike where you have to plan everything out in advance.

Well my follow up trainer ( my "mom" in missionary lingo) is Elder Welch from Michigan who has been out longer than 17 months and is only 7 months away from going home.

Yesterday, I baptized Cody in my last ward who is one of the three who was baptized. I confirmed him afterward. It went really, really well. It was very spiritual. It is a very unique experience confirming someone a member of the church and giving them a blessing at the end of it. It's just amazing.

Elder John Bolliger

No comments:

Post a Comment