Monday, April 18, 2011

Elder Bolliger - North Fontana Week 34:Slowly Getting Better, Cool Gift Baskets, Dinners Reminding Me of Old Times, Ward is Awesome


Well its been 2 weeks since I last sent out an email.

Things have been slow here in this area, but things are getting better..... slowly.

Well we have been working with the ward mission leader Brother Kessler to make gift baskets for people who have friends that went to the Saints Unified Voices and those who have had friends that are investigating the church. Its going to be pretty cool to give to them for the ward, as this should help to increase the members support of missionary work in this ward.

But we had a dinner with a family that seriously reminded me of us when we were younger. There is a family in the ward that has a newborn girl a 2yr old boy and a 3 year old girl, and the boy is hyper and has fun with his sisters, I am sitting there like, that was me when I was that age, stuck in the middle and playing with my sisters. It reminded me alot of growing up and the videos and pictures of us. It was cool to see what I may have been like with Katie and Ann Marie growing up at that age.

This transfer really has flown by faster than I can imagine I am coming up on 8 1/2 months out here in the mission field.

But our ward is awesome but just needs some helpful direction in how to get missionary work really going in the area, yesterday in ward council we had a really good talk over missionary work for an hour and a half. It was good to start getting some possible referrals and possible people to go contact and talk to about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.

But I hope that yall stay safe whereever you may be, and those tornadoes I have been hearing about are crazy.

Elder Bolliger

No comments:

Post a Comment