Sunday, December 12, 2010

Elder Bolliger - San Bernardino, CA Week 16: 4 Month Mark, 2 Thanksgiving Dinners, Renewed Optimism, "Jesus the Christ" - Incredible!


December 6, 2010

Well recently I hit the 4 month mark, I personally think that that is crazy. As sometimes the time goes by slowly and others it just picks up and flies by.

Dinner appointments have been picking up in the past 2 years, it used to be not very good but now almost every day we have a dinner and there are members who open up their homes to us to have dinner over there if we want too and if no one signed up. We had a good Thanksgiving, I only had 2 thanksgiving dinners, this coupled with the mission is making me appreciate and miss our family more than I did when I was back home.

These past two weeks have been filled with renewed optimism as our principal investigator, Mike is progressing to become baptized, we have been teaching him it feels like every couple days and he is just starting to consume the gospel at an increasing rate. Its so cool too see how people change when they know that the gospel is right for them.

I don't feel like I am learning new stuff but in reality I am and I have been progressing.What do I think about completing the book, "Jesus the Christ" - holy cow.

There is just so much stuff in there about what the Savior went through, I loved reading it because it gave a ton of insight on the 4 gospels and all that the people went through. Its just incredible, I'll have to gather my thoughts about it and tell you at a later time.

Well e-mail each week as we go over to a member's place and hang out and use the computers. Today I was helping them fix their computers installing drivers etc, usually an hour and then I check it before we go later. I got it fixed. :)

There aren't very many younger members in my current ward.

Families we are contacting are mainly the this one family right now. The dad Mike is the one that is getting baptized on the 31st of December. There are people here who are ready to recieve the gospel and we can find them as we follow the promptings of the Spirit.



No comments:

Post a Comment