Monday, October 18, 2010

Elder Bolliger - Colton, CA Week 9: Transfer flying by, Biking in Bloomington, Excited to See Investigators Come, Baptism Dates Set, Good Things!

Wow this transfer is flying by, I think that is just something that starts to speed up as you get older and older and I am still a greenie although I don't feel like it as much.

Well the past week was good but strange, my district-leader trainer was in Rancho Cucamonga for training 3 days this past week. While he was there I was on bikes in Bloomington which is north of our area and different. It was good though to get out and about in a different area, and going and talking to many different people. After the trainings

Elder Hall and I would go and visit people in our area, overall we didn't feel that it was as effective as the trainings last transfer. Well this next week is going to be a long one as again we have district meetings from Tuesday to Friday.

Elder Hall and I were very excited on Sunday when one of our investigators who is married to a less active brought his daughter and son. We helped teach the daughter about 6 weeks ago, and it was awesome to see them coming to church on Sunday.

Well there were three kids that we have been trying to get a date for baptism with, and we have been unable to so far until this past week. We finally got a date set for baptism, but unfortunately for us its a week after transfers. We should be able to come down to it as Elder Hall I are both baptizing one of the kids while a family friend is baptizing the other.

Well I am learning the principle as many negative things happen on your mission with your investigators, good things happen too. I really am learning that as some people who I think are completely solid aren't as solid as I once believed and am a little more on shaky ground as Elder Hall and I are seeing a different facet of their lives.

But in the end the work is really going good, and we are working hard to bring more people unto Christ.

And I hope that yall have a good week ahead!

--
Elder Bolliger

No comments:

Post a Comment