Sunday, October 2, 2011

Elder Bolliger - Hesperia Week 56: Studying and Favorite Scriptures, Working with Golden Investiagors


Hello family,

Well this week I have been studying and then napping, hehe.

Well that was mainly because my companion, Elder Gibson has been sick with a stomach bug for the past week and well I haven't been sick so that means study, and also falling asleep while studying, well it was good for me as I hadn't updated my journal in forever and I updated it with an entire transfers worth of information, not quite as detailed as it could have been but good nonetheless. But I learned and read a lot in the book of mormon, in the old testament, new testament and in the missionary library for additional understanding. I was watching the Testaments this past week and decided to find out what prophesy that christ is reading when he is in the synagogue , that prohpesy is Isaiah 61:1-3 and is an outline of what christ will do during his life time, from the account we have in Luke 4:16-19, that they got mad at him saying " Is this not joseph's son? " and cried blashpemy. The Account in Isaiah is very interesting as it talks of those that are in spiritual prison. And I have also read almost all of Helaman and I am finding out so many things that I never knew before. Especially when Helaman 10 where Nephi (son of Helaman and brother to Lehi) is given the sealing power in verse 7 but look at verse 6 and the wording that is used. Its so fascinating.

Well our 2 golden investigators are progressing well and rather quickly actually, towards their baptismal date of October 15. I can't wait for that day and there will be more people getting baptized in November and beyond, also in this ward our 40 day fast is ending this friday as here comes general conference! I don't think I have ever been this excited about conference ever and I am anticipating the messages the prophet and apostles will be having. This the greentree ward and the colton ward are the two wards that I love the most, I love the people and being loving and bold to the point that we can help correct and reproof them while helping them come closer to Christ.

Well have a great week yall!

Elder Bolliger


No comments:

Post a Comment