Monday, July 25, 2011

Elder Bolliger - Hesperia Week 48: Victorville City/Hesperia Zone/Apple Valley Building, Miracles & Fun Working Hard!

Hello Family,

So I just got transferred to Hesperia, CA up here in the Desert. Its like Utah up here - dry deserty and 4500 feet. I got a new companion and am back in a missionary apartment with our neighboring zone leaders.

Well something funny about this ward is that it has an identity crisis. All of the ward is in the Victorville City, but its in the Hesperia Zone and goes to one of the Apple Valley buildings. But already I have learned and grown so much. It's just amazing looking forward to the next 5 weeks here. My companion and I get along really really well and have already had miracles happen.

So we were going through our old potential investigators list, and we looked up some names of people that missionaries had taught more than like 2 years ago. The first door that we knocked on was a woman named Maria. Amazingly she still recognized us as missionaries and her two grandchildren were also there. We asked them again and they accepted to take the lessons again. We gave them each a Book of Mormon and left. They told us that the kids were talking about the missionaries and saying how they wanted to take the lessons just soon before we knocked on their door. We have a return appointment tonight with the Ward Primary President as well as another member. One other big thing too is that we want to invite all those people in their household to take the lessons from us to just make sure to include everyone. I really am looking forward to that.

I have roomates once again. They are the Apple Valley Zone Leaders, Elder Afu and Elder Thurber and they are really good roomates. We have had some really funny times with them, but we all know how to work hard and expect each other to work hard and we do. It's a really really fun apartment and as missionaries say "when you are working hard you are having fun."

Also this ward is pretty old, well let me rephrase that every ward is old when compared to the Summit Ward - I love that ward, but I really feel like this is a ward where I can take off in the mission and really begin to become that missionary that I want to be.

Its very exciting and very refreshing and I am loving missionary work now almost more than my first area.
So I hope that yall have a great week ahead,
Elder Bolliger

No comments:

Post a Comment