Monday, February 28, 2011

Elder Bolliger - San Bernardino, CA Week 27: One of the Most Rewarding Experiences!

Wow this past week was filled with one of the most rewarding experiences of my mission so far. It was LaLa's Baptism!
This has been an event that we have been looking forward too for a long time! As you know she has been waiting a long time to get baptized and a week ago from last Friday we got the word that she could get baptized. We organized the baptism for the following weekend. She was nervous but the thought that she could be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and her thirst for knowledge helped to carry her along. So for the baptism I was to give the talk on the Holy Ghost, I'll admit I forgot that I was supposed to so I went into a room, said a prayer and then constructed my talk on the Holy Ghost to her. In the process and unbeknownst to me, I wrote down John 3:5 as John 3:26 and actually said that in the talk, whoops. But in the Talk I made sure to take my time as there was a Deaf Interpreter there for LaLa's mom and for a sister in the ward, and I knew, don't rush and just take your time and let the spirit do the talking. I am really not sure what I said in that talk but I know that the spirit was there and I felt like I did a pretty good job.
The Following Sunday she was confirmed in a circle of about 9 people and it was a very spiritual prayer. So thats another baptism that we had here in San Bernardino, California.

Well one of my roommates Elder Joaquin who is the Elder in that photo that I sent home last week, is leaving to go be with the APs today, its sad because he has made it really fun in the apartment. I like having roommates that are Spanish then I start to pick some up and different words, etc. But he is leaving back to San Salvador,El Salvador tomorrow morning. Its crazy when Missionaries go home!

Another big thing that happened today is that I turned 7 months old. Yes, 7 months ago today I was reporting to the MTC in Provo. That is absolutely mind boggling, the time just seems to fly and fly and fly so much out here on a mission! I can't believe that in a month is general conference. And in like 2 months I turn 20 years of age. As well that in one month a year ago I drove Katie to the MTC with Tiana and helped to drop her off!

This past weekend we had a big snow storm come in through the San Bernardino Mountains ( Big Bear, Lake Arrowhead etc) and frost the tops of them, it reminded me so much of Utah back when we used to live there and also back when I was there for school @ BYU!
Well today we had a "Last Bowling Day" With Elder Joaquin, the one that is going home tomorrow. And on my third game I bowled higher than I ever have bowled before, a 184, I got 4 strikes in a row then some 9s and then 2 strikes near the end. So it came up to be a 184, 53 points higher than my personal best. It was pretty fun, we had about half of the zone there because the sisters, yes Katie I am nice to them, my apartment and the south apartment were all there, and yes too Elder Johnson that one that saved the guy from the plane too was there as well.

So thats the happenings that have been here in San Bernardino California, things are picking up here in this zone finally, every missionary is different and so is every leader, so sometimes combinations work better than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment