Friday, July 27, 2012

Elder Bolliger Grand Terrace, CA Week 98: Answering Questions

Just a few thoughtful questions from mom.

Describe the spiritual impressions and tender mercies of the past week. Do you invite a convert to share their testimony at the farewell fireside?
I think the Katie's mission and mine do this differently, only the missionaries share their testimonies in the departing fireside/devotional, but I invited a ton of people, they only gave us 16 invitations and in the true fashion that I do, that wasn't enough so I made 35 invitations, and went to Kinkos to print them on card stock, you got a sampling of what they will be like.

Will you be singing or doing anything else?
Just bearing my testimony and talking to people that I have grown to love for like 40 minutes afterword. There will be a lot of pictures.

What verses in the scriptures have been meaningful to you this week?
Alma 26, and a verse in the bible where it talks about how the joy of missionaries comes from their converts. And that is completely true!


Describe your farewell testimony  in your

a) District Meeting
Well we will be having a district meeting on Christlike attributes, which ones we need to work on and how we can all be more like Christ.
b) Farewell Fireside
It'll be by the spirit.
c) With your Mission President & the other missionaries in the departing dinner / private devotional?
It sounds cliche but same as above

What three - five  things  has the Spirit taught you the most during your mission?

Well if you look back on other emails you can see them,
1. That we all have a different instrument to play in God's orchestra. This one is a difficult one to swallow, but its true, there are others but just this one is on the forefront of my mind.
2. That I will not understand my purpose for going through what I am right now for awhile, until a later time makes me think back to it. Patriarchal blessing stuff.

What lessons do you feel you been “schooled” by the Lord?
That he can make weak things strong, and if you ever say no he rebukes you for it.

Describe the circumstances or experiences where you feel  your testimony grown in some of the following:

Prayer & Fasting
Through the 40 day fast we found some amazing investigators and helped to unify the ward when they are willing to do so

Service
Serving others is what Christ did and that's what we can do to follow his example.

Sacrifice
This is one that I have learned more, when we both (in companionships or couples/ eternal  companionships) make sacrifices to have unity and accountability with the other, the spirit of the lord can be there in much greater abundance than you thought you could, it brings humility as well and a atmosphere of learning.

Family Scripture Study
I always think back to 'scripture buddy time' lol, and it meant a lot to me.

Living Free from Debt
Ask me about this when I get home, I could go on for 3 hours about this.

Using Time Wisely
Its the one currency we all have the same amount of.

Good Friends to build you up.
We will have the same associations here as we will in the next life, and good friends build you up as you help them.

The Spirit.
Influence of the spirit in making decisions

It is infinitely crucial to making good, correct decisions to have the spirit be there.
Discerning the Spirit
As important as the question about
Following the promptings of the Spirit

I'll answer these at home.
The Reality of the Atonement
The healing power of the atonement
Making Covenants
Keeping covenants


Elder Bolliger

No comments:

Post a Comment