Monday, December 12, 2011

Elder Bolliger - Hesperia, CA Week 67 : Food for Thought - Cooking up Success in the Maple Ward served with Lemonade!

Hello family from Hesperia, California.

Well this past week we had some major success in the Maple Ward, this past week we had our ward Christmas Party and our investigator family, the Leepers came to it! It was a great success as we had other less active and part member families show up. Yesterday at church all 3 of our investigators showed up and it was really, really good as one of them had never been or only been once to our ward, our work is paying off as last night we were talking to him and he said that he was going to come this next week.

Well we have a baptism coming up this weekend of a girl named Torri who is 10 and we are really excited to see how that turns out this weekend on the 17th, we are also working with some more families and will hopefully be setting some more dates for this next week.

It's an exciting time once again being a missionary and I love the work.

I have recently recommitted myself to being much more obedient and waking up on time, and I feel like this is the key I have been looking for my whole mission and just found it now. I feel so much better and even though today my lemonade might not be that good, tomorrow's will be better with what lemons it gives me.

Well Christmas is coming up soon and I can't wait for that to call you guys and when I do I will have 7 months left on my misison, this is too much crazy talk. The mission is moving way, way too fast.
P.S. For our Christmas party I made some Helgas Coconut Cookies and they turned out awesome! a ton of people asked me for the recipe and I still have like a dozen left over. So many memories of cooking back home, and I will be helping a family make Cloud Light rolls for the holidays. Also that chef's frock or whatever you call it is so handy to wear over my white shirt and tie.

Elder Bolliger

No comments:

Post a Comment